Linda Evangelista

Chadfish is back
Reborn /r/chadfish. The community is back along with all of its threads and posts. Now we have moved out from Reddit and host the community on our own website.
Status
Not open for further replies.

slowjoe12

Jan 13, 2021
Aww man, another 90s crush. To be fair though, she IS fucking fifty something. I wouldn’t call this a wall scenario.

Lomax0506

Jan 13, 2021
Just my opinion (which I'm allowed to have, by the way) but she did not appear, to me, attractive to begin with.

Anyone else feel this way?
Never found her attractive at all. Out of all the supermodels of that era, I was into Claudia Schiffer.

who-was-gurgi

Jan 14, 2021
Just my opinion (which I'm allowed to have, by the way) but she did not appear, to me, attractive to begin with.

Yes! Thank you..I never got her appeal, but for lack of a better explanation, just went with it. Never met anyone else who thought so, especially during her heyday. But the current picture is a different level ... yikes! Doubt she gives a shit...good for her and diamonds are a girls best friend. ;)

iDoctorAnabolic

Jan 14, 2021

That’s the most beautiful woman I’ve ever seen (on the left). So, eye of the beholder?

lemongrooved

Jan 13, 2021
They make a career out of undereating. Once that career is over they all go in the way of Brigitte Bardot.
Unfortunately eating disorders spec. anorexia obliterates your metabolism. Permanently. Your body is taught to treat calories as precious and store them to fat more rapidly than a healthy person. It also fucks your menstrual cycle and hormones in general to hell, the body starts pumping up all kinds of stress hormones, its very rare that the sickly skinny models end up having longevity. The more athletic naturally slim but not sickly boney ones can look great as they age, like heidi klum or christy brinkly

RevolutionaryPea7

Jan 9, 2021
This isn't The Wall ("a sharp decrease in physical appearance and attractiveness when a woman reaches a certain age"); she's mid-20s on the left and mid-50s on the right.

This is just aging.
No, it's the wall. Look up Tom Cruise. That's just aging.

YearZer000

Jan 14, 2021
Kinda feel bad for women in their 50s. You know they long to be hot again. And biologically they age like sour milk.
Nah, women get treated better than men can ever imagine. They get a couple of decades of special treatment, which is two more than men get. If they can't keep it together when they get old it's all on them.

_Norman_Bates

Jan 13, 2021
I can’t help but think that if a lot of these women treated their bodies with care instead of under feeding, and maintained the same healthy (non underweight) weight, they would age less drastically.
All the other supermodels of her era aged well

_Norman_Bates

Jan 13, 2021
This isn't The Wall ("a sharp decrease in physical appearance and attractiveness when a woman reaches a certain age"); she's mid-20s on the left and mid-50s on the right.

This is just aging.
Look up her colleagues Cindy, Claudia, Naomi and Christy

_Norman_Bates

Jan 13, 2021
Never found her attractive at all. Out of all the supermodels of that era, I was into Claudia Schiffer.
I also liked Claudia. Apparently Cindy was considered the most beautiful though because Claudia was too perfect and Cindy had that mole. I think both were hot but Cindy always looked too serious, while Claudia has a lot of cuteness.

_Norman_Bates

Jan 13, 2021

I think she had a great face but had a thing for horrible short hair in bad colours so it's hard to even notice it. It's like she always had a thing for looking ugly

Lomax0506

Jan 13, 2021
I also liked Claudia. Apparently Cindy was considered the most beautiful though because Claudia was too perfect and Cindy had that mole. I think both were hot but Cindy always looked too serious, while Claudia has a lot of cuteness.
I never found Cindy attractive either. I must be weird 😂

_Norman_Bates

Jan 13, 2021
I never found Cindy attractive either. I must be weird 😂
Attractive is the word. I know that Cindy and Linda have good faces and bodies, there's no specific flaw there, but they also never made me especially attracted to them. Naomi even less. I think there is something asexual about supermodels, they're almost like androids. A lot of them lack cuteness.

Lomax0506

Jan 13, 2021
Attractive is the word. I know that Cindy and Linda have good faces and bodies, there's no specific flaw there, but they also never made me especially attracted to them. Naomi even less. I think there is something asexual about supermodels, they're almost like androids. A lot of them lack cuteness.
Yeah Claudia had the cute, girl next door factor that the others didn't have and she's aging much better than Linda.

whittlingman

Jan 13, 2021
I fundamentally disagree. You need to work with people with compassion to change behavior. No child gets better when you scream at them. No addict is going to drop habit because you call them a crackhead. No racist is gonna change their mind if they always thought they were right and you're name-calling

You can have discomfort and confrontation without name-calling and being mean to change behavior that's called using and fostering respect
This isn’t the show Intervention. We, random people in society, are not crackhead OR fat peoples friends, were just random people they run into out in society.

Everything you just described is for someone’s friends to do, ie actually help them stop their addiction, or lose weight, or become a better person.

Random people on the other hand shame those people while out and about, SO they get offended and question why people treat them like shit, and everyone is an asshole to them. It’s society telling them, society doesn’t like who they are.

That’s why racism is bad. Shaming works the same for crackheads, fat people, and people of color. Except people of color CANT change their skin color, hence racism. Same with gender discrimination, and sexual orientation. BUT you CAN stop smoking crack, and you CAN put down the donuts.

Random people in Society shame; friends (or social workers) help and nurture and foster change.

It’s a system that works together to create change.

Jan 14, 2021
Unfortunately eating disorders spec. anorexia obliterates your metabolism. Permanently. Your body is taught to treat calories as precious and store them to fat more rapidly than a healthy person. It also fucks your menstrual cycle and hormones in general to hell, the body starts pumping up all kinds of stress hormones, its very rare that the sickly skinny models end up having longevity. The more athletic naturally slim but not sickly boney ones can look great as they age, like heidi klum or christy brinkly
While stress hormones can play a role in metabolism, anorexia doesn't destroy your metabolism in the slightest. The difference between a good and bad metabolism is 300 calories, so... Moot.

Source: Five years of anorexia ages 16-21. Now I lose weight more easily than most people because I'm intimately familiar with counting/tracking calories.

Status
Not open for further replies.