Linda Evangelista, one of the most famous of the five “Original Supermodels”, has hit, and absolutely slammed into the wall.

Chadfish is back
Reborn /r/chadfish. The community is back along with all of its threads and posts. Now we have moved out from Reddit and host the community on our own website.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MatSciePhD

Jan 14, 2021
yidcxo15and41.jpg

DongGater

Jan 13, 2021
Her tiddies are touched up on the left, but holy god damn it's like she turned into Phillip Seymour Hoffman.

Slinkiest

Jan 14, 2021
Dude, she’s 54. Of course she isn’t going to look how she did in her 20s. The glasses/outfit/hair in that photo aren’t doing her any favors, but you aren’t describing the wall, simply someone aging relatively normally. This isn’t a 3 year rapid aging comparison, but a 20-30 year old difference.

pops3284

Jan 13, 2021
Dude, she’s 54. Of course she isn’t going to look how she did in her 20s. The glasses/outfit/hair in that photo aren’t doing her any favors, but you aren’t describing the wall, simply someone aging relatively normally. This isn’t a 3 year rapid aging comparison, but a 20-30 year old difference.
i agree here. i think because we see some celebs age insanely like aniston or halle berry we think all are gonna do that. thats a crazy standard

Vagynablender

Jan 14, 2021
These photographs are more than 30 years apart, and she's 54 now. Natural age progression isn't hitting 'the wall,' it's...aging.

This group needs an intervention, folks, because most of you don't seem to understand what the wall really is. If 54-year-old her looked that way at 30, that'd be an example of hitting the wall. To use an analogy, imagine a star athlete having the game of his life up until the 4th quarter. Unexpectedly, their body shuts down and they simply don't have the energy to maintain their performance. Metaphorically speaking, they've hit a wall, or plateaued. In contrast, think of a former superstar athlete whose performance gradually declines over the years yet they still play. That's not the wall, but their body reaching a point where they can't perform to their potential.

If you apply the same scenario to a celebrity and their looks then it will all make sense.

MatSciePhD

Jan 14, 2021
I still think this is valid, considering the other supermodels in that “big 5” group actually look pretty good for ~54 years old.

Cindy Crawford, Christi Turlington, Naomi Campbell all look way better by comparison, and they all led similar lifestyles throughout the 1990s.

Linda hit the wall far harder than her supermodel peers, which is why I posted this.

Thetrvler

Jan 13, 2021
These photographs are more than 30 years apart, and she's 54 now. Natural age progression isn't hitting 'the wall,' it's...aging.

This group needs an intervention, folks, because most of you don't seem to understand what the wall really is. If 54-year-old her looked that way at 30, that'd be an example of hitting the wall. To use an analogy, imagine a star athlete having the game of his life up until the 4th quarter. Unexpectedly, their body shuts down and they simply don't have the energy to maintain their performance. Metaphorically speaking, they've hit a wall, or plateaued. In contrast, think of a former superstar athlete whose performance gradually declines over the years yet they still play. That's not the wall, but their body reaching a point where they can't perform to their potential.

If you apply the same scenario to a celebrity and their looks then it will all make sense.
Nah, bruh, this is wall-smashed. She flat out didn’t take care of herself and couldn’t manipulate what she’s done to her body over the years. I totally get the “aging” part but this was much more than just aging.

Also it makes it more funny thinking about the type of guys she would’ve entertained in the before bs after pic and watching them fall.

Dinomiteblast

Jan 13, 2021

A better analogy to use would be a the decline of a car’s performance over a 30 year span or over a 1 second event because it slammed into a wall...

Thetrvler

Jan 13, 2021
I still think this is valid, considering the other supermodels in that “big 5” group actually look pretty good for ~54 years old.

Cindy Crawford, Christi Turlington, Naomi Campbell all look way better by comparison, and they all led similar lifestyles throughout the 1990s.

Linda hit the wall far harder than her supermodel peers, which is why I posted this.
Agreed. If she had cared about her health half as much as she cared to only be seen with model quality men, she would have held it together over the years. This woman is wall-smashed.

Vagynablender

Jan 14, 2021
Nah, bruh, this is wall-smashed. She flat out didn’t take care of herself and couldn’t manipulate what she’s done to her body over the years. I totally get the “aging” part but this was much more than just aging.

Also it makes it more funny thinking about the type of guys she would’ve entertained in the before bs after pic and watching them fall.
What do you mean when you say she didn't take care of herself? I've never heard of her until this post, so I'm genuinely curious. I don't see anything remarkably off or reprehensible about her appearance, just looks like an older woman to me. No doubt a massive fall from grace, though; I can't imagine what it must feel like for someone to go from having a livelihood based off their beauty to losing it over time.

Vagynablender

Jan 14, 2021
A better analogy to use would be a the decline of a car’s performance over a 30 year span or over a 1 second event because it slammed into a wall...
A car's decline in performance over a span of time that great is natural, though. As the description in this group says, 'the wall' is characterized as a sharp decrease in physical appearance and attractiveness. If a person has a car that performs impressively for a number of years and then experiences a litany of mechanical problems within a short span of time, that'd be hitting the metaphorical wall.

I used the analogy of professional athletes because the concept of hitting the wall in terms of performance is a widely used term, particularly with football players because the physicality of the game takes a heavy toll in a relatively short amount of time. People in this group seem to have this idea that a beautiful woman who loses their looks over an acceptable period of time is the wall, when it's actually the exact opposite.

Here's an example to fortify my opinion: Amanda Bynes. As the link I've provided shows, she experienced a shocking transformation of her looks within a span of three years, from 2010-2013.

https://www.usmagazine.com/entertainment/pictures/amanda-bynes-through-the-years-2012209/25015-2/

Thetrvler

Jan 13, 2021
What do you mean when you say she didn't take care of herself? I've never heard of her until this post, so I'm genuinely curious. I don't see anything remarkably off or reprehensible about her appearance, just looks like an older woman to me. No doubt a massive fall from grace, though; I can't imagine what it must feel like for someone to go from having a livelihood based off their beauty to losing it over time.
Mostly her weight gain in combination of mutating with age that just amplified it. She looks like a rooster now.

_Norman_Bates

Jan 13, 2021

Who was the fifth?

Status
Not open for further replies.